Monday 26 July 2021

Contoh dialog Materi Congratulations and Hopes/Wishes

Ok last meeting we have discussed about the expressions of congratulation and hope/wish. Now we discuss examples of the expressions in the dialogue
Expressing congratulations, hope, and wish

John: Congratulations, Sue.

Sue: Thank you, but, what for?

John: For winning the art competition. You did win, didn't you?

Sue: No, I didn't, or more correctly, I haven't. The announcement is not until next month.

John: Oh, dear. Silly me. What's tonight's party for, then?

Sue: Oh. It's my little sister birthday. She's turning five.

John: I wish her a happy birthday, then.

Sue: Thank you. I'm sure she appreciate it.

John: I like your sister. She's very cute. I hope she'll have a great birthday party.

Sue: Wait. Aren't you coming?

John: No, I'm not. I have a deadline for tomorrow. I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight.

Sue: Oh. I hope you can finish your deadline on time. Good luck, John.

John: Thanks.

----------------

"Congratulations" is the word we often use when we want to congratulate someone on their achievements.

The word "congratulations" itself can stand alone as an interjection or we can elaborate it using phrases like "for your achievement" or "on your getting a new job", etc.



Other expressions to use to congratulate someone:

1. I knew you can do it.

2. I'm so happy for you.

3. May I congratulate you on…

4. I must congratulate you on...

5. Please accept my sincerest congratulations

6. etc.



When you want to wish someone something, we can use expressions using "S+wish+someone+interjection"

e.g.

1. I wish you a happy new year.

2. He wishes her good luck.



Or we can just say the interjection.

e.g.

1. Good luck!

2. Happy birthday!

3. Godspeed!



When expressing hope for the future, we can use the construction "S+hope+present simple/present future".

e.g.

1. I hope Indonesia wins the World Cup someday.

2. We hope he will come back safely.

3. etc.

Berikut contoh video dialog tentang ucapan selamat dan harapan. Let's check it out!

Untuk latihan silahkan kalian bisa klik di sini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sebab Kenakalan pada Anak

 5 Sebab Kenakalan Pada Anak Tidak semua anak menurut terhadap kedua orangtuanya. Terkadang ada anak yang susah diatur, membantah orangtuany...